Why should you eat hemp?
Find out what makes hemp a superfood and why you should try it!
At Just Hemp Foods, your good health is our priority. Hemp seeds’ ideal Omega 3-6 balance would be enough to make it a superfood. Add in their high levels of plant-based protein, that they are loaded with essential amino acids, and are packed with a wide array of vitamins and minerals, hemp seeds are impossible to beat.
We don’t process our product with chemicals or nutrient-destroying heat; and we source our seeds from one of the only third-party quality-assurance systems in the industry. That’s how our product stays fresh and nutritious, from your grocer’s shelf, all the way to your very own kitchen.
Hemp Seed Attributes
- » 3:1 balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids.A 30g serving of hulled hemp seed has 3 grams of Omega-3 and 9 grams of Omega-6.
- » Hemp protein is a high quality source of protein due to its high rate of digestibility.The better a protein is digested, the more efficiently it can be used by the body.
- » Contains 18+ amino acids, as well as the 9 essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce.Amino acids act as the building blocks of proteins and enzymes in our bodies, and are essential in human growth and development.
- » Rich in insoluble dietary fiber.A 30 gram serving of toasted hemp seeds contains 9 grams of dietary fiber.
- » Hemp is inherently gluten and lactose free.Can be safely consumed by those with celiac’s disease, or lactose intolerance with no adverse effects.